Who Is Keine?
Back to Keine Cosplay
- 上白沢 慧音（かみしらさわ けいね）
- Keine Kamishirasawa
- species = Were-hakutaku
- abilities =
- In human form, can consume (hide) history.
- In hakutaku form, can create and change history.
- age = Unknown
- occupation = School teacher, Acts as guardian of the human village
- location = The Human Village (also Eientei)
- description =
- (Touhou 8, human form) Brown eyes and long silver hair with blue highlights. Wears a hat that looks like some kind of building with a red ribbon on top and glyphs inscribed along its side. Her dress is dark blue with white short sleeves, and a red ribbon is tied to the bottom of the collar.
- (Touhou 8, hakutaku form) Red eyes, long silver hair with green highlights, and horns. Her left horn is decorated with a red ribbon. Her dress is dark green with white short sleeves, and a red ribbon is tied to the bottom of the collar.
- relationships = *Fujiwara no Mokou (Friend)
- Hieda no Akyu (Unknown, Fellow Scholar?)
- appearances = *Imperishable Night (Stage 3 Midboss, Stage 3 Boss, Extra Midboss)
- Shoot the Bullet (Stage 3-2, 3-4, 3-6, 3-8 Boss)
- During Imperishable Night Keine, being sensitive to the moon herself, sensed the strange events that were occurring. As a safe guard she hid the Human Village's history, making it as if there had never been a village there to begin with, so that the people there would be protected from any youkai. After being defeated Keine pointed the heroines toward the ones responsible for the fake moon in the sky. Later, during the Extra Stage, Keine acted as guardian of Fujiwara no Mokou.
- Keine seems to have a strong desire to protect humans and would probably be the safest person in Gensokyo for any human to be around.
- The kanji characters for Keine translate loosely to "Wise sound" while Kamishirasawa literally means "Upper stream of a white valley." However, the Kamishirasawa kanji can be read as "ue-hakutaku" and so likely a pun by ZUN when he named the "Were-Hakutaku" character.
- "Keine" is also a declensional form of the German word of negative article or negative determiner as "no" in "No one shall sleep tonight". Although the two words are pronounced differently, Keine's name used in this manner may also be a reference to her ability to negate history.
- Most of her Spell Card are based on the history of the Emperor of Japan.
- Some members of the Touhou community have jested that Keine's hat resembles a Bentō box.
- Keine is the owner, and history teacher of the Human Village's school.
- In some fan works, Keine is referred to as a cow (complete with milk jokes), due to her appearance in hakutaku form.
- Etymology of CAVED!!!!
- The word horu in Japanese means to dig, but also to have gay sex (or something). A meme started on 2ch where when someone wrote something that contained the phrase "horu," they would be summarily raped by EX-Keine. "Horu" got wordfiltered to "caved!!!!!!!!" in English translations, and so you get "I got CAVED by EX-Keine!!!!!!!!"
- A lot of people forget her last name, and have shortened it to "Kimo" which sometimes is said as "Kimoi" ... meaning icky or disgusting. Keine whole heartedly defends her kawaii (cute) existence.
Official Zun Pictures
This is Keine's Official Touhou 8 Human Form:
This is Keine's Official Touhou 8 Hakutaku Form:
Human Form from game:
Hakutaku form from game: